We’re building tomorrow’s bank together
Help us build the bank of tomorrow
Click here to find out more from our Mortgage https://youtu.be/AL_6CvyquCEMortgage Advisor - Harrow & Edgware This is an opportunity to work as a Barclays Mortgage Advisor in a branch based in Harrow & Edgware.
As a Barclays Mortgage Advisor, you’ll be responsible for every aspect of the mortgage process – advising customers on their needs, processing the transaction, and resolving any issues that arise. You could also find yourself recommending related products such as life insurance, mortgage protection and home insurance, so you’ll need to be a great relationship builder and negotiator. We will expect you to attain the highest standards of regulatory compliance and customer satisfaction, and in return will give you a comprehensive range of innovative products, our Homeowner app and a truly supportive environment, plus comprehensive training.
At Barclays, we’re all one team. Our mission is to find the right solution for the customer every day. Our Mortgage Advisors go the extra mile to make life easier, working hand in hand with branch colleagues to provide integrated services. In short, we help customers from all walks of life reach the right decisions – whether they’re buying for the first time, looking for their next step on the property ladder or making a key investment.
As a Mortgage Advisor, your main responsibilities will involve:
• Agreeing personal contributions to the Branch plan and the Home Solutions Area plan, to exploit local mortgage market knowledge and intelligence
• Performing regulated meetings with customers, providing accurate advice in our range of regulated products, applying expert knowledge
• Proactively managing the customer experience from application to completion, ensuring customers receive exceptional service at all stages
• Influencing network and specialist colleagues, to ensure the delivery of consistently high standards of ‘seamless’ customer service across all branch and specialist propositions
• Identifying broader opportunities and referring them to the most appropriate network or specialist colleague to ensure the branch achieves its overall goals
As a Mortgage Advisor, your skills and qualifications will include:
• Previous experience in a customer-facing, Mortgage Advisor role providing regulated advise (essential)
• A certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practise (CeMAP) or equivalent
• A track-record of success in regulated tasks and in meeting customer needs with the ability to influence
• Current CAS status (Competency Advisor Status) highly desirable
• Previous experience working in a Bank or Building Society preferable
This role is deemed as a Certified role under the UK PRA & Financial Conduct Authority - Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
All we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants.
Ready to apply?
There are up to five stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we'll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You’ll also be required to upload a CV, so it's a good idea to have it ready.
2. Online Assessment: We'll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles, but they'll also provide you with some insight into what our roles entail.
3. Application Review: We will review your application along with your responses to the online assessment exercise. Depending on the type of role you are applying for, we may contact you to arrange a brief telephone interview to discuss your experience in more detail.
4. Interview: If your application is progressed, we'll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. We want you to be free to choose an interview time that suits you, so we'll provide some options and ask you to select your preferred timeslot.
5. Outcome: We will keep you updated throughout the process. If you attend an interview, we'll be in touch within five working days of all interviews being completed to advise you of the outcome.
Visit our website for tips and advice on each stage www.jobs.barclays.co.uk/advice or click below to apply now.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.
If you have a question about a role, a business area, or the application process itself, please refer to our helpdesk.
© Barclays 2019