We’re building tomorrow’s bank together
Help us build the bank of tomorrow
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.
We have invested a lot in creating an ‘agile’ workforce, recruiting Key Time workers who have the ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of our customers, whilst benefiting from working hours that fit around their lifestyle.
One available option is job sharing. This is an arrangement where typically two people are employed part-time to cover one full-time position. It’s suitable for a wide variety of people and particularly appeals to parents of young children, carers, and those who have other responsibilities in their lives where they need to carefully balance their working life and personal circumstances.
What are the benefits of job sharing?
• It offers a more flexible work-life balance
• It can help you maintain a sense of value and self-worth, enabling you to reach your potential in a role which may not usually be available on a part-time basis
• By working together with a job share colleague, you can offer the perfect mix of skills and the complementary strengths needed for the role
• And, by offering the flexibility to match different personal circumstances, we’ll always be able to attract and retain the best people
Having a child and developing in my career was no problem at first, however when my second was born, the added responsibilities and the long commute from Dorking to London each day made me revaluate my options.
Is it possible to have perfect work – life balance? Discover all about Dynamic Working at Barclays.
If you have a question about a role, a business area, or the application process itself, speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
You can also contact our recruitment team by telephone on 0845 3000 689* or by email on email@example.com
* Calls will cost no more than 2p per minute plus your phone company's access charge. To maintain a quality service we may monitor or record phone calls
© Barclays 2018